1. Peel and cut the potatoes into 1½ - 2 inch cubes then whack those bad boys into a pan of boiled, seasoned water. Once reached optimum boiling, turn down the heat and cover for 10-15 mins
2. Carefully drain when tender, adding butter straight away
3. Mash your potatoes with a masher, pouring in your m.lk mashing until fluffy and creamy. Mix in your chopped chives and season to taste with salt & pepper
4. Whilst cooling, for the gravy, melt your butter over a medium-heat before adding onions, garlic and thyme
5. Add all-purpose flour (amount depending on consistency you want) before adding your veg stock!
6. For extra flavour, we like to add a splash of soy sauce for a secret weapon
7. Season with salt and pepper and you’re done – beaut!